Joe is a Partner and Vice President at MG Law. In his career, he has made a name for himself as a creative, knowledgeable, and results oriented attorney. Joe’s law practice focuses on commercial and residential real estate, banking and business transactions. Representing builders, developers, entrepreneurs, start-ups, lenders and individual homeowners, Joe’s clients know him as a deal maker. He delivers a positive solution for all involved and executes every transaction in a timely, organized manner.
In his real estate law practice, Joe represents purchasers and sellers in a variety of commercial and residential real estate transactions. Routinely, he represents real estate developers with the acquisition of new property, as well as, the creation of many types of developments including single family home neighborhoods, town homes and residential and commercial condominiums.
Joe’s banking practice involves representing lenders ranging from community and mid-size banks to larger banking corporations in commercial loans, asset-based loans, and foreclosures.
In his corporate practice, Joe assists clients with transactions including the formation of limited liability companies and corporations, asset and stock sales, small business mergers, and drafting or reviewing contracts and leases.
Joe dedicates his spare time to his family and enjoys coaching youth sports.
- Commercial Real Estate Acquisition, Development & Finance
- Residential Real Estate Transactions
- Corporate Entity Formation and General Corporate Counsel
- Condominium & Restrictive Covenant Documents
- MeyerGoergen PC, August 2003-present, Partner 2011-present
- T.C. Williams School of Law, University of Richmond, J.D., 2003
- University of Virginia, B.A., Political Science, 1999
Boards & Activities
- Richmond Bar Association, Real Estate Section, Executive Committee member (past Chairperson)
- Home Building Association of Richmond
- West Richmond Businessmen’s Association
- Alpha Omicron of Chi Psi Corp (past Board of Advisors)