Joe’s first career as a teacher taught him some valuable lessons on listening, learning and thinking out of the box. He’s taken that skill set to the board room to help his business clients grow and prosper. He concentrates his law practice in small business loans, corporate entity formation, general corporate counsel and commercial real estate acquisition, development and finance.
Joe’s small business loans practice has primarily focused on lender representation, although he also represents individual borrowers. His work with SBA loans has helped lenders navigate the complex federal regulations to ensure loans are closed in compliance to protect the federal guarantee. He works with a goal of ensuring the buyer, seller and lender each receive their desired objective in the quickest and most efficient manner possible. Joe works with clients to manage the difficult and often confusing requirements of the SBA, such as documenting equity injection, and 401K and IRA rollover options.
Joe also works with businesses on corporate entity formation and governance, from starting up a business, to facilitating growth, to passing it on to the next owner. His services include drafting corporate bylaws, operating agreements, employment agreements and general corporate representation. He has worked with gas stations, commercial realtors, commercial transportation service providers, machine shops, hotels, retailers, and software companies.
His commercial real estate acquisition, development and finance law practice includes representing banks, corporate entities, builders and developers in all aspects of commercial real estate.
Joe’s hobbies include family, sports, camping and woodworking.
- SBA Lending
- Corporate Entity Formation and General Corporate Counsel
- Commercial Real Estate Acquisition, Development and Finance
- Estate Planning: Wills, Trusts and Estates, and Probate
- MeyerGoergen PC, Summer 2008-present
- Housing Opportunities Made Equal of Virginia, Spring 2008
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York, Clerk for The Honorable David R. Homer, Magistrate Judge, Summer 2007
- T.C. Williams School of Law, University of Richmond, J.D., 2009
- Brockport State College, B. S., History & Psychology, 2004
Boards and Activities
- National Association of Government Lenders (SBA loans)