Ruppert is a Partner and Vice President at MG Law, and leads the firm’s personal injury and wrongful death practice. He represents plaintiffs, those injured through no fault of their own, in negotiations and settlements, as well as jury trials in court when needed.
As a personal injury lawyer, he primarily represents individuals injured in motor vehicle accidents or in premises liability cases, but also handles products liability and damages from intentional acts.
Ruppert’s experience in motor vehicle accidents includes traditional passenger vehicles and cars, but also extends to accidents involving any type of transportation including motorcycles, tractor trailers, bicycles, scooters, and mopeds. His clients are injured pedestrians, cyclists, passengers, and drivers. He also vigorously represents victims of DUI / DWI / drunk driving accidents, helping them to pursue the compensation they deserve.
In Virginia, commercial and residential premises liability cases are tough for plaintiffs to win. Ruppert’s clients know this before he agrees to represent them. Because of his diligence, he has a strong success rate in recovering compensation for his clients injured in premises liability cases. He has handled cases from defective design of restrooms and parking lots to dog bites or attacks, slips, trips, falls, and fires on public and private property.
Ruppert’s products liability practice involves cases ranging from food poisoning to defective design and negligence. He has successfully handled cases where the plaintiff: required emergency surgery due to substandard metal used in a soda can, required an ocular lens replacement after a shower head detached from manufacturer’s hardware, contracted a rare form of Guillain-Barré syndrome after eating contaminated poultry at a restaurant, and was substantially injured when a piece of rental equipment failed because it was not properly maintained.
His intentional acts practice includes representing clients in libel and slander matters, as well as actual physical assault and battery.
Ruppert handles all of his cases on a contingency fee basis; clients are not billed hourly.
Insurance companies begin building their case as soon as an accident occurs. The sooner a victim brings in an experienced personal injury lawyer, the easier it is to protect their rights and pursue the compensation they deserve. Ruppert does not charge for initial consultations so as to encourage people to be proactive in protecting their future.
When he isn’t practicing law, Ruppert’s hobbies are traveling with his wife of 30+ years, their children and their families, as well as dabbling in genealogy and studying history.
- MeyerGoergen PC, 2002-Present, Partner 2008-Present
- Hutchens & Hutchens, P.C., 1990-2002 (includes two years as a law clerk)
- University of Richmond, J.D., 1991
- St. John’s University, B.A., double major in History and Government, 1987
Boards and Activities
- Virginia State Bar, Member
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- The Bar Association of the City of Richmond, Member
- St. Expeditus Business Group, Past President
- St. Thomas More Society, Member
- Museum District Association, Member (Star Award recipient, 2021)
- Saint Gertrude High School Parent Teacher Student Organization, Past President
- Saint Gertrude High School Development Committee, former Member
- Three Chopt Recreation Club, Past President
- Benedictine College Preparatory Parent Teacher Organization, Past President
- Benedictine High School Alumni Board, former Member
- St. Benedict Oktoberfest, Founder and Chairman
- St. Benedict Catholic Church Parish Finance Council, former Member
- St. Benedict Catholic Church Parish Pastoral Council, former Member and Chairman
- St. Benedict Catholic School Board, former Member and Chairman (Diocesan School Board Member of the Year, 2004)
- Knights of Columbus, Fr. William J. Nolte Council 11533, Charter Member, Past Grand Knight
- Knights of Columbus, Fourth Degree Richmond Assembly 1165, Member
- Knights of Columbus Virginia State Council, Columbian Squires and Squire Roses, Past Chairman
- Columbian Squires, Frank J. Parater Circle 5069, Charter Chief Counselor